FOT #32 – Non-violent crisis response, front line fatigue, and calibrating the nervous system – Flight of Thoughts
Here, I share some cases where we applied non-violent crisis intervention tactics to de-escalate persons in emergency situations, avoiding the need for police intervention. One situation was during a major overdose, where the client was combative while he was in respiratory failure, the other features someone locked in a bathroom threatening staff. * The last month has been very difficult on the frontlines of the pandemic and opioid crisis. Healthcare workers are experiencing high rates of clinical depression and many other frontline workers are feeling burnt out. Lets catch up on some self care and making sure we are meeting our needs in this episode. What self-care are you doing that fits physical, mental, social, and emotional/spiritual well-being? * I finish up with some advice on using medical cannabis to calibrate your nervous system, while avoiding negative effects or dependency. Various cannabis strains affect people differently, so its important to find which strains you respond best to and what terpene profile they hold. * Website: flightofthoughts.blog * Instagram: @jake_flightofthoughts Facebook: The Psychedelic Society of First Responders and Emergency Workers * This podcast is uncensored and covers many topics considered “taboo” or difficult for some individuals. We do not condone any illegal activities, as this is a platform for harm reduction and open dialogue. Although the ideas are mostly evidence-based and honest, the lines of reality and comedy may be blurred at times…this is your trigger warning!
- FOT #32 – Non-violent crisis response, front line fatigue, and calibrating the nervous system
- FOT #31 – Demystifying death, bringing order to chaos, and The Big Lebowski
- FOT #30 – Being trauma-informed, identifying prejudice, and our mental health continuum
- FOT #29 – Overcoming Psychological Dysfunction, Appreciating Death & Suffering, Mindfulness of Bio-feedback Loops
- FOT #28 – Identifying Stress Responses, Pandemic Mental Health, and Cannabis Enhancing Emotional Resiliency